The following is a calender with important dates for men and boys. I hope you will take time to celebrate on the appropriate holidays and mourn on the appropriate observances.
- March was the month in 1992 when the Bosnian War started. In the course of the war, Serbian national forces proceeded to selectively exterminate male Bosnians in barbaric and gruesome fashions. Often this involved horrendous torture and brutal humiliation. As a result the surviving Bosnian population has been estimated to be only 30% male, by some sources. Though figures vary from 100,000-400,000 war dead, all research, including statements and accounts by survivors and soldiers, confirms that the overwhelming majority of the dead was male. The most conservative estimates put the male-female death ratio at approximately 80%-20%. However, the most recent research done by the Istraživačko Dokumentacioni Centar (Research and Documentation Center, Sarajevo), put the male death rate at 99.63%. Taking the most conservative death count along with the most conservative male death ratio, we arrive at approximately 77,766 dead males out of a total of 97,207 dead. Taking the most liberal death count along with the most liberal male death ratio, we arrive at about 397,510 dead males out of about 400,000 total dead. Whatever the actual numbers, the atrocities against the male sex should never be forgotten, and should live in infamy in the memories of all who care about men’s rights. For a full article on the massacres, please go to Gendercide Watch.
- April is Testicular Cancer Awareness Month. Do your part and help those afflicted with this awful disease.
- April 15th is the anniversary of the R.M.S. Titanic sinking in 1912, which marks a sad day in maritime history, in which countless men and boys were abandoned to die a horrific and tragic death, due to their gender. According to the Christian Boy’s and Men’s Titanic Society, 9 males died to every 1 female. In addition, the death ratio for male and female crew members was 233 to 1 against the male crew members. On the decks of the Titanic, they spoke those famous and bigoted words, “Women and children first!” I hope our sons will not grow up in a world where they are always last, just because of their gender. The Encyclopedia Titanica keeps a list of the survivers and a list of the victims. Please go and see them both, and mourn for all those lost souls.
- June is National Men’s Health Month in the United States. For more information look here.
- June 13th-19th is International Men’s Health Week. For more information look here. For specific information about the event in the United States look here, and for the United Kingdom look here.
- September is Prostate Cancer Awareness Month. Do your part and help those afflicted with this awful disease.
- November is the month where Movember takes place, which is an annual month-long event involving the growing of mustaches. It is a charity event for awareness and fund raising for many men’s health issues, such as prostate cancer and depression. The full Wikipedia article is here.
- November 19th is International Men’s Day. Be sure to celebrate the men and boys in your life, for being just who they are.
- December 1st-8th is Male Abuse Awareness Week. It was an event started by the Petra Luna Foundation to help spread awareness of the victimization and violence that men and boys endure. It is now handled by Help4Guys.org, which is sponsored and hosted by the P. Luna Foundation.